On May 25th, ASCE Younger Members New Orleans Chapter hosted a member event that featured a leadership panel discussion and a question and answer session.
Several topics of discussion included the following:
- Career goals and challenges
- Leadership and management
- Business Development
- Technical Development
- Becoming a partner in a firm
- Starting an engineering firm
- Leadership in the public sector
- Networking/client relations
- Personal development and professionalism
- Work/Life balance
The discussion provided insight to the attendees based on the leadership panel’s experiences. Panelists were able to portray a message to the younger members regarding the next generation of engineering. Each panelist provided key takeaways for the upcoming generation and what emerging leaders should keep in mind as they gain experience (e.g., passing on of institutional knowledge) at the end of the session.